One of the first instances of the name Kadyna appearing in the literature is one of the Teutonic grants from 1255, in which master von Gruningen bequeathed St. Ducha in Elbląg 40 fiefs of "terra Kadinensi". However, archaeological works prove the presence of settlements in these areas as early as 400-125 BC, when the area of the Elbląg Upland was occupied by the Gepid tribe. After their emigration, these lands were re-settled by the Prussian tribe of Pogezan. According to legend, the very name of Kadyna comes from the niece of the Prussian prince Waidewurf, about the property, Cadin, who was supposed to live here with her husband.
In the second quarter of the thirteenth century, the weakness of the Prusai and the particular policy of the Polish princes led to the conquest of these lands by the Teutonic Order. In the years 1255-1280 in Casinos there was a monastic office of the chamber. Already at the beginning of the 14th century, Kadyny was a place of frequent residence and office of the Elbląg commanders.
The Teutonic Order fell into financial difficulties after the defeat of the war with Poland in 1410. The local knights, among them Hans von Baiaen-Jan Bażyński, a figure whose diplomatic activity had a strong stigma both in the history of the Order and Poland, brought out the Teutonic Knights. Benefits given to the Order by Bażyński
They were paid against land estates, most likely also Kadyn. In this way, in 1431, the Kadyń lands came under the rule of the Bażyński family. The property, together with the Ostrogóra and Pagórki farms, totaled 1,160 ha. Compared to other estates in Prussia, it was one of the largest. The financial problems of the Bażyński family, which emerged at the end of the 14th century, led to the mortgage of Kadyny several times, but luckily we managed to buy them out. In the years 1608-1612 the estate was finally taken over by the Bażyński family.
The property was transferred to the creditor, burgrave of Königsberg, Jan Truchsess von Wetzhausen, on a lease basis. It was owned by this family until 1656, when, through the marriage of Elżbieta Truchsess, Kadyny became the property of Jan Teodor von Schlieben, the Livonian voivode. He expanded the Kadyń residence and funded the so-called "Trzy Krzyże" on the way to the monastery. After his death in 1695, the Kadyń estate was inherited by his eldest son Ernest, who sold the village to Stanisław Samuel Działyński, the starost of Kiszewo. Kadyny was inherited by Jan Ignacy Działyński, from whom the younger son of Jan Teodor Schlieben, Jan Wilhelm Schlieben, bought the town. In 1786, the village was bought by the Prussian general count Wilhelm von Schwerin. Then, in 1799, Kadyny became the property of the then canons of the Warmia Chapter, Ignacy Stanisław Matthy, and then his cousin, Ignacy Antoni, became the owner. It was he who commissioned the construction of a granary and an outbuilding. The town was sold several times. From 1817, its owner was the Elbląg merchant, Daniel Birkner, who expanded the local farm and built a magnificent orangery. In 1827, his son Edward Birkner took over the entire estate, which during 40 years of rule completely changed the spatial layout of the Casinos. With the help of the royal architect Hildebrand, he also rearranged the French part of the palace garden. After his death, the property was taken over by his brothers Artur and Erach.
On December 15, 1898, Arthur Birkner bequeathed the Kadyny estate to the king of Germany to Emperor Wilhelm II Hohenzollern for a lifetime pension. The imperial couple liked the residence, and the "golden age" began for Kadyny.
The emperor ordered the reconstruction of the existing, heavily ruined property and the construction of a new village in the so-called monastic style, according to the designs of Berlin architects. For example, in the years 1902-1905 a school and a post office were built there, and the famous Koniglichen Majolika und Terrakota-Werkstatten ceramic factory was established. Initially specializing in the production of majolica for the palace and the development of Kadyny. Later, it also produced ceramic ornaments, including ornaments on the Royal Route in Gdańsk, and beautiful Kadyno products were appreciated in the country and abroad. After World War I, production was extended to building ceramics and was commercial in nature. The clay layers in which the nearby areas abounded also contributed to the establishment of a brickyard. He abdicated a brickyard and workshops for the painter Wilhelm Dietrich. He developed the so-called "Cadinen Typ" - characterized by a natural, pale red color. In the years 1918-1926, in order to save the plants from bankruptcy, copies of Gdańsk and Elbląg stoves from the 18th century were produced. In the late 1930s, the Nazis imposed propaganda on the factories.
From the end of World War I, the palace building was not inhabited until the arrival of the grandson of Emperor Ludwig Ferdinand in 1940. He and his family stayed here until August 1944, when due to the approaching front he was forced to send his relatives to the Hohenzollern estate in Brandenburg. As a major of the Luftwaffe technical service in Elbląg, he had to stay as long as possible. Only on January 25, 1945, just before the arrival of the Russians, Prince Ludwik Ferdinand escaped.